About the Course
Pediatric cancers are highly curable malignancies. Every year approximately 35000-40000 new cases are detected in India. At Sri Shankara Cancer Hospital and Research Centre (SSCHRC), Bengaluru, around 100-150 new cases of children with cancer are being treated each year. Leukemia, Lymphoma, bone & soft tissue sarcomas are the common pediatric malignancies seen at SSCHRC. There are very few physicians trained to manage childhood cancer in India. This course will give an insight into the diagnostic, management and also the psychosocial aspects of childhood cancer.
To produce a Paediatric oncologist who:
- Is capable of providing an excellent patient care in management of paediatric cancer patients.
- Possesses adequate knowledge base (both basic and applied) to effectively interact with medical colleagues in a wide range of disciplines.
- Has a basic knowledge about radiotherapy and paediatric surgery.
- understand the basics of pediatric Bone Marrow Transplantation ( BMT).
12 months. Affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS).
Support from the Institution
1. Stipend as per standard norms
2. Twin-sharing on campus accommodation (nominal charges)
3. Access to full-fledged library – print and digital
4. Continuous peer monitoring and support
5. Periodical assessment and mentorship
6. Rigorous academic schedule with participation in latest scientific developments
7. Nationally & Internationally recognized faculty and facilities
Dr. Anand K C
Dr. Ravi B Diwakar
Dr. Nataraj K S
Dr. Sandhya Appachu
Dr. Sai Vivek V
Dr. Tanusree Paul