About the Course
Oncology pharmacy course is intended to provide educational and training experience designed to develop advanced knowledge, skills, and leadership in the delivery of pharmaceutical services to patients with cancer.
The oncology pharmacist will gain experience in a variety of areas of clinical oncology practice, including inpatient and outpatient adult solid tumor and hematologic malignancies, palliative care, pediatric oncology, ambulatory infusion pharmacy, and investigational drug services. In addition to providing direct patient care, residents are involved in various educational, administrative, and research projects. A dedicated training program for clinical pharmacists in oncology setting in the comprehensive medication management would enable them to render personalized patient care.
To validate that the clinical pharmacist has the advanced knowledge and experience to optimize outcomes for patients with malignant diseases by:
- Recommending, designing, compounding, implementing, monitoring, and modifying pharmacotherapeutic plans
- Ensuring medication safety in all vulnerable patients and optimization of therapies in all cancer patients by bridging the gap between prescribers and pharmacy
- Reducing medication errors.
- Recognizing and responding to adverse physical and emotional issues that may arise during treatment and when providing education and counselling.
- Course enables the candidate to take up research related activities, education and training.
18 months. Affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS).
The resident's responsibilities will include Patient care (70%), Teaching (15%), Research (5%), Practice management (10%)
Support from the Institution
1. Stipend as per standard norms
2. Twin-sharing on campus accommodation (nominal charges)
3. Access to full-fledged library – print and digital
4. Continuous peer monitoring and support
5. Periodical assessment and mentorship
6. Rigorous academic schedule with participation in latest scientific developments
7. Nationally & Internationally recognized faculty and facilities
Dr. Manasa C
Dr. Ravi B Diwakar
Dr. Sandhya Appachu
Dr. Anand K C