About the Course
The Onco Imaging Fellowship in the Diagnostic Imaging division offers extensive experience in cross-sectional oncologic imaging that includes CT, MRI, ultrasound and PET/CT imaging. Fellows are given the opportunity to perform CT/US guided deep biopsy procedures, if they elect to.
The objectives of the OncoImaging Fellowship are to: • Educate trainees in the advanced interpretation of CT, MRI, Digital Mammography , PET CT and ultrasound examinations of the body and in the performance of ultrasound-and CT guided procedures
• Educate trainees in the biology, treatment and recurrence patterns of malignant tumors, particularly as they are reflected in body imaging studies
• Provide an opportunity for academic research, using the case material and resources
• There are weekly academic activities in the form of seminars, case discussions, journal clubs which happen at least twice every week including seminars from fellows. In addition to that, each of us get allocated a particular MDT specialty wise which we have to attend on a weekly basis for discussion of complicated cases. This experience is truly beneficial for widening our knowledge of the subject.
• All fellows are expected to participate in the tumor board meetings of various departments on rotation basis such as GI, GU, Neuro, Pediatrics, Chest, Breast, Gyne-onco, Head and Neck and Sarcomas. These meetings are very useful to gain a holistic approach in patient care with the medical, surgical and radiation oncologists and pathologists on the team, and get to understand how to make your reports more clinically relevant for the physicians to interpret and act upon.
• Fellows are also required to teach nursing and radiology technician students as and when needed.
• Duty hours and emergencies/on call duties: Regular hospital duty hours are expected to provide on call services on assigned days.
12 months. Affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS)
Evaluation: 6 monthly and end of training evaluation based on log book records, self-assessment and a university exam at the end of 12 months
Support from the Institution:
1.Stipend as per university guidelines.
2.Twin-sharing on campus accommodation (nominal charges)
3.Access to full-fledged library – print and digital
4.Continuous peer monitoring and support
5.Periodical assessment and mentorship
6. Rigorous academic schedule with participation in latest scientific developments
7. Nationally & Internationally recognized faculty and facilities.
Dr. Sandeep M B Desai
Dr. Harish B S
Dr. Divya Santosh
Dr. Sunil Kalmath
Dr. Bharath K S
Dr. Somashekar G